st. mary's church
1505 white pine canyon rd, park city
English (reserve here): Sat 6 PM | Sun 8 AM & 10:30 AM | Thurs 8 AM (no reservation needed for weekday Masses)
Latin (reserve here): Sun 3 PM
Church Open Hours
Mon - Wed 11 AM - 6 PM | Thurs 7:30 AM - 6 PM
Adoration & Benediction
Mon 5 - 6 PM | Thurs 8:30 - 9:30 AM
St. Mary's Church is a landmark of Park City’s entry corridor – its lofty design and incredible setting is complemented by wonderful views of the mountains from within the church and parish center. Open daily to visit, the Church offers to thousands of parishioners and visitors the sacraments, a beautiful and peaceful place to pray, and a sanctuary to grow and serve.
The Church building and Parish Center are a beacon of the greater community, utilized by Park City's best charitable programs, and host to beautiful artistic events, such as the regular performances by the Utah Symphony.
By the mid-20th century, the once thriving mining community of Park City had turned into a near ghost town. But during the 1960’s, the advent of the ski industry revitalized the town. Over the next three decades, as the ski industry continued to expand, the parish grew so large, the number of tourists and visitors so increased that St. Mary's church in Old Town Park City (now the Old Town Chapel and Utah's Oldest Catholic Church) was no longer adequate for the large community.
In 1991, Jim and Sally Ivers donated land in the meadow of Park City’s entry corridor for a new church. In 1997, the new church was completed and dedicated on August 15th, the feast of St. Mary of the Assumption. In 2001, the new Parish Center was built.see inside st. mary's learn more about st. mary's story